The State of Washington has deep roots in the farming and agriculture industry. Get up close with horses, embrace your inner cowboy, and learn the area’s history through these rodeo and ranch experiences.
- Want to hit the trail? Riders can take a pack trip in the Methow Valley with Early Winters Outfitting, in the Pasayten and Sawtooth Wilderness with Cascade Wilderness Outfitters or in the Cascades with Icicle Outfitters.
- Some rodeos are so nice they happen twice: the Methow Valley Rodeo takes place in Winthrop on both Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend.
- Lassos are in the air in southern Washington at the Vancouver Rodeo in early July.
- Head to Toppenish during the first weekend in July for plenty of rodeo entertainment, including mutton bustin’.
- The world-famous Suicide Race—in which riders and their horses race down a 62-degree slope—is just one of the events in the roundup during the Omak Stampede in August.
- Steer wrestling is just one of seven events at the Washington State Fair Rodeo in Puyallup.
- The Ellensburg Rodeo hosts the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association’s World Finale of Xtreme Bulls Tour on Labor Day weekend.
Related: Find more annual events and festivals in Washington.